10.06.2017

LM #14: Travel & Migration

Dear Victoria,
How are you? It’s been a long time since the last time I saw you.

I’m writing you to say how much I appreciate your contribution to my immigration. Without your help I don’t know how I could possibly get accustomed to living in the USA. After several  weeks I get used to sleeping on the chairs and combining education with household chores, like doing laundry and cooking. Remember you’ve made me that egg cream drink? I’m still tempted by it; sometimes I even make a change by adding a cinnamon there. Also, I’ve gone on a day trip to Coney Island, where I was sunbathing, swimming and recharging my batteries. That’s a great thing to unwind in the open air and wander aimlessly through the NY, enjoying the remarkably diverse architecture of this vibrant city.

Funny thing: when I was crossing the board of USA, I nearly dropped my new passport into the sea. I got so scared, that I wouldn’t get to our self-catering flat, but eventually everything was as easy as ABC. Even now, after several months living here I can’t get rid of culture shock, because every single thing offers a unique experience. I had feelings of nostalgia once or twice, but that’s something that helps me to adore NY even more.


Would you like to go somewhere together, for example, hiking or camping? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Lots of love, Mascha Jaffe!