04.06.2017

LM #13: Media

W. Shakespeare or A. Conan Doyle

The students of RGL department organised The Days of English Classic Literature to give credit to Arthur Conan Doyle.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Days were held on 18 May in the Ostroh Academy Students prepared a vast number of contests and activities in order to heap praise on Arthur Conan Doyle. Needless to say that it has been already a tradition to organize such days dedicated to W. Shakespeare, but this year freshers took a dramatic turn of events  and make a controversial decision.

An organisor of the event, Sofiia Adamets revealed what was behind the scenes: "One of my friend detected that The Days of English Classic Literature became boring, due to the repetitive main theme. She proposed to enhance them by changing W. Shakespeare into A. Conan Doyle and a screening of the film "The King of the Lost World". It seemed like a nice idea to me, so I fully accepted the proposal."
If you want to visit this remarkable event next year, make sure that you follow the latest news of the RGL department, which help keep students informed every day.

Moreover, we have an exclusive interview with one of the spectators - Uliana Misiura.

- Hello, Uliana. I hope you had an enjoyable time during the Coffee Hause. What is your first impression of the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle Days?

- Well, I definitely enjoyed all the marvellous performances, which surely attract my attention.Oh and also, anchors were hilarious.

- That's great! What do you think about the unexpected change in the main theme of the Week of English Classic Literature?

- At first I showed my disapproval and was highly critical of it, but it emerged that it was a change for the better. The guys had success and I should speak highly of them.

- Do you personally like works of A. Conan Doyle, for instance Sherlock Holmes? 

- I adore them! I've read every single story when I was a child. Stories about Sherlock Holmes are my personal favourite, because they had a significant impact on my outlook and these scenes where Sherlock reveal the truth, they're adorable!

- Thank you for your time and have a nice day!

- You're welcome.