26.02.2017

LM #3: Online Tools and Resources

Dear, Asparagus 

How are you? I hope everything is marvellous and you haven't given up learning English yet. In order to help you achieve your goal and stay motivated about this process, I've done my best to select some of the most appropriate online resources, which might be an immense asset to you. I know that it'll probably rack your brains (because of the modern technology), but I'll try to make sense of this list. So don't worry - you'll fully take them in after a while.

Want to learn unknown words with remarkable ease? Give Quizlet a try! It's a wonderful website where you can not only create a wide range of flashcards, but also brush up on different words which will never slip your mind if you use them on and off. Check out my set:




Now, it's high time to concentrate your mind on online dictionaries! First and foremostOxford - one of the most classical and popular online dictionaries (you might like Cambridge as well).


 





If you're lost in defining what some slang phrases mean, Urban Dictionary is here to help you!


I know that it's sometimes so hard to find an accurate definition of the idiom or fixed phrase, but don't worry - Free Dictionary can easily deal with it (it also has an amazing Thesaurus)


I hope you're still reading my letter and haven't fallen asleep. Just two more resources - they are fun and useful, I promise. Nice website (Lingro), which helps you to get a gist of every single word while reading!


And the last but not least - game Knoword. All you need is to type a word accordingly to its definition!



I hope you are not sick and tired of all this information, just take your time to make the most of it. 
I can't wait to hear from you.

Take care, Mary
✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧